Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Winning Contests is Fun: Play at the Play the Edition!

Not all that long ago, Brian (from Play at the Plate) held a simple little contest where you had to guess a number.  I'll let him explain what happened - but suffice to say, I got lucky that no one else was lucky in their guesses and waltzed my way to a free Allen & Ginter rack pack.

Since I'm currently in the middle of a group break - and this pack was a prize for me, I'll be adding all cards that I don't need to their respective team's piles.  Think of it as me paying the prize forward - and maybe give Brian a thanks too if you happen to luck out and land any cards.

What'd I get you ask?!  Well - let's take a look.

I've never actually opened a Ginter rack pack since I usually buy a bunch of hobby boxes and then try to get the rest of the set via trades, eBay, or Listia.  So thanks for the opportunity to do something different Brian!

Now, on to the pack.

First, the base cards.  Since I already own the full base set, I'll be adding ALL of the base cards to their respective team piles.

Johnny Bench - Reds
Jose Altuve - Astros
Reggie Jackson - Athletics
Mike McCarthy - Coach
Wily Peralta - Brewers (SP)
David Ortiz - Red Sox
Matt Garza - Cubs
Salvador Perez - Royals
Brett Lawrie - Blue Jays
John Calipari - Coach

And now the inserts:

ATY-JW.  Across the Years:  Jered Weaver - Angels

I have the full Across the Years set - so this too gets added to the team stacks.

MM-ZU.  Martial Mastery:  Zulu

Another nice insert, this will be added to my Ginter trade bait since it doesn't "belong" to any specific team.

Reg. mini:
59.  Joey Votto - Reds

HOW ABOUT THAT?!  Brian managed to send me a rack pack with a Johnny Bench base card AND a Joey Votto mini card.  I've decided to chase the various Reds minis - so if you have any for trade check my want list and make me an offer!
Regular back minis wants:  38, 77, 122, 177, 183, 215, 218
A&G back minis wants:  38, 59, 77, 122, 169, 183, 215, 218, 294, 309, 310
Black border minis wants:  38, 58, 77, 103, 122, 169, 177, 183, 206, 215, 218, 240, 294, 309, 310
The final mini in the rack pack was of the Voynich Manuscript - another non-baseball card which will go to my Ginter trade bait pile (at least it will whenever I get around to updating my trade bait page...something that probably won't happen until I get through the 15 or so random trade envelopes sitting next to my desk that are waiting to be scanned and cataloged)!

I should also mention that Brian threw in two other Reds for me as a bonus prize.  One was this Tony Cingrani Pinnacle card...

...and the other this delightfully creepy Mat Latos chrome card - a personal favorite of mine now!!

Thanks for the cards and prize Brian!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Man, I'm glad you pulled a Reds mini. Glad you got something you could use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment