Featured Post

A Mini Poster Most Wanted - FOUND!

This week has been a great week full of fun and festivities.  It also turned out to be a great week for acquiring baseball cards!  Besides my Christmas haul, I have also received a bunch of packages in the mail over the past week.  While I plan to show all of them in due time, for now let's return to the 1998 Fleer Sports Illustrated box that I began opening yesterday and crack open the next couple of packs.

Pack 3:
12.  Craig Biggio
35.  Shawn Estes

151.  Randall Simon
171.  Kevin Polcovich
182.  Curt Schilling

Mini poster:
17.  Paul Molitor

I have to be honest, that wasn't a real exciting pack now was it?  When the best card is a card of a pitcher bunting during batting practice, you know you've hit a dud pack.

Pack 4:
123.  Larry Walker
138.  Jim Edmonds

"Best Circus Catches" sounds about right for Mr. Edmonds.
155.  Magglio Ordonez
162.  Paul Konerko
4 of 10 C.  Covers:  Cal Ripken Jr.  

This is one of the Covers insert cards that are seeded 1:9 packs.  There are ten cards in the set which means I should end up with 20-30% of the set when the box is complete (24 packs in the box should yield two or three Covers cards).  I imagine that the Ripken Jr. cover is one of the better ones in the set so I'm happy with this pull!

Mini poster:
8.  Barry Larkin

Woooo!  This pack certainly made up for the previous pack didn't it?  This was the one poster that I was most interested in getting - and now it's mine, mine, mine!  Good stuff!

Comments

  1. You need to get another Larkin mini-poster that you can trade!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment