Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 227: 1990 Leaf - #18

Barry Larkin
Year:  1990
Brand:  Leaf
Card number:  18

When I was a kid, my father used to buy my brother (Happy Birthday to him today by the way) and I packs of baseball cards from the local supermarket.  For us, 1990 was the year of Fleer and Topps - never Leaf.  As such, this might very well be the only 1990 Leaf card in my collection (and judging by the amount of drab grey on the card, that's quite all right)!

Speaking of the card design, the front is quite nice (I'm a sucker for team logos as you are well aware by now I'm sure).  The back is also designed nicely - it's simply the color scheme that doesn't work for me.  However, to give Leaf credit, their design aged a LOT better than many of the "Saved by the Bell" style sets from the same era.

Comments