Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 233: 1993 Donruss - #426

Barry Larkin
Year:  1993
Brand:  Donruss
Card number:  426

The 1993 Donruss base card design isn't the worst that I've ever seen...in fact, it's quite possibly one of the best designs that Donruss ever had.  Unfortunately, this particular Larkin card suffers from a poor image choice on the front - you can't even see most of Barry's face due to the shadows generated by his cap.  I do like the team logo in the diamond at the bottom - it makes for easy sorting by team (something I used to do as a kid all the time).  I also like the fact that the card number is easy to read on the back of the card.  I don't, however, like the fact that Donruss went with the previous five years of statistics rather than Larkin's entire career.  The five years of stats choice was a poor design choice by Donruss in my eyes.

Comments