Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Josh Hamilton Chrome Roookie Seems Like a Good Thing (Plus the First Refractor of the Break)!

As I mentioned previously, I'm doing my best to plow through the 2000 Topps Stadium Club Chrome box before opening up the "regular" Stadium Club box (from 2001).  I know the designs are different but it seems like a good thing to do anyhow.  Once again, let me first pause to give thanks to our group break sponsor:  Baseball Card Exchange.  Without them, breaks like this probably wouldn't happen - and certainly not with the variety of years and sets that I've grown accustomed to being able to offer up for group breaks!

Now to the packs!

Pack 09:
27.  Roy Halladay - Blue Jays
59.  Scott Brosius - Yankees
130.  Omar Daal - Diamondbacks
143.  Chris Singleton - White Sox
231.  Josh Hamilton - Rays

This is marked as a rookie card - and Hamilton is probably the best name on the entire rookie checklist - so a big congrats to Jaybarkerfan who claimed the Rays.  This card looks really, really nice in person - I think you'll love it JBF!

Pack 10:
141.  Cristian Guzman - Twins
165.  Randy Johnson - Diamondbacks
181.  Dave Roberts - Indians

I like the shadow of Sorrento in the photo - makes for a great action shot!
247.  Chance Caple - Cardinals
Refractor parallel:  17.  Quilvio Veras - Braves

The base card refractors are seeded 1:12 packs - so congrats go out to Junior Junkie for pulling the shiniest card of the break to date!  

2 comments:

jaybarkerfan said...

Awesome!

Tony L. said...

Way to go JBFan! I'm actually happy to have that Randy Johnson base card too.

Post a Comment