Featured Post

Delivery Time! My Trade Stack Pays Off Once Again (Thanks Sportscards from the Dollar Store)!

A long, long time ago (December 2012) I started a little recurring blog idea that I called The Trade Stack.  The original premise was simple.  I'd start a stack of cards, slowly add to it, and eventually someone would want it in exchange for at least one card off of my want list.

Amazingly, my Trade Stack feature is still running strong - the most current edition is Stack #58 which you can see here.

Today's post isn't actually about my current Trade Stack, but rather the stack previous to the current one (i.e. Stack #57).  In that stack, I ended up putting a total of four cards in the pile before Douglas from Sportscards from the Dollar Store jumped in and claimed the entire thing.

Doug ended up sending me two cards in exchange for the stack.  The first was this rather beautiful 2013 Topps Gypys Queen No-Hitters card of Sandy Koufax.

I've been slowly plugging away on the 2013 Gypsy Queen set - tracking down this particular means I now only need one more from the No-Hitters insert set!  That's awesome!

As I mentioned, Doug sent me two the cards - the other?

This even-more-gorgeous card of Barry Larkin from Topps Fusion (a set that I know nothing about).

I'll have to do a bit of research before I write my Barry Larkin Collection post for this card since I have a lot of learning to do in regards to the set.  I can say this - it's a pretty cool card  (and the rainbow-ish foil is much cooler than the plain silver foil that Topps uses these days).

This trade is further proof of the magic of my Trade Stack idea.  I have been able to consistently:

  • Rid myself of cards I don't need/want
  • Acquire cards that I do need/want

You better believe I have no plans of retiring the Trade Stack - in fact, if anything I should try to do better in terms of updating the Trade Stack on a more consistent basis!

Thanks for the quick and easy trade Douglas!  I hope your cards make it across the border soon (they were mailed last Thursday).  As for anyone else who might be interested in a trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. That is a SWEET Larkin! Fusion was a gimmicky but kinda cool set that combined cards from Bowman's Best, Gallery, Stadium Club, Gold Label, and Finest. I think in some cases, like the Stadium Club cards, the Fusion versions managed to look even better than the original designs! Now I totally need to track down all the Larkins from the set, especially that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment