Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 279: 1999 Fleer Ultra - #7

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Card number:  7

I've always enjoyed the Fleer Ultra line.  The 1999 set is one of my favorites of the line (and it's one that I'm still working on completing in fact).  The front has a nice full-bleed action shot of Larkin which is coupled with an easy-to-read (despite being a script font of sorts) name.  I would have preferred to have a team logo on the front but otherwise the front design is great.

On the back, you get a little bit of baseball stitching in the background that spruces up the full career statistics.  Anyone who has read much of my blog will know that I like to see full career statistics so this obviously makes me happy.  There's also a mini team logo on the back of the card (it's as if Fleer tried to appease me) so what more can you ask for?  Oh, that's right - you also get a brief "Did You Know" section - and the set number happens to have an itty-bitty picture of Larkin above it (a detail that I honestly never noticed until writing this post)!

Learning something new about a set that's rapidly approaching two decades in age?  Perfection!

Comments