Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 280: 1998 Donruss - #20

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Donruss
Card number:  20

After the early 90s, I more or less lost interest in most things related to the Donruss brand.  As such, I never bought a single pack of 1998 Donruss - so when I acquired this Larkin card the entire set was brand new to me!  As it stands, I think I made the correct choice to ignore Donruss.  The front isn't too bad (though I don't care for the fading red stripes at the bottom of the card).  However, the back is atrocious.  It actually looks like two different cards with one glued on top of the other.  The statistics are too abbreviated - and the overlaid photo makes it look like it was pasted on top of the remaining statistics.  The half logo in the background adds to the illusion of two cards in one - and that's not a good thing.  Even worse, the second photo is terrible - it sure looks like Larkin just got called out on strikes and he's in disagreement with Mr. Umpire.

Comments

  1. I happen to like the front of this card, looks like it was taken at Wrigley, and Barry is sporting the rare white colored "say no to drugs" wrist bands. He probably just ripped a double.
    As for the back of the card, I couldn't agree more with your assessment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment