Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Delivery Time! Jaybarkerfan's Junk Trumps All! Relics & Autos Galore!!

Yesterday, I made mention of the fact that I'm a bit behind on posting trade packages that have arrived in the Casa de Nachos.  Today's post is further proof of that as it was sent out by Wes (of Jaybarkerfan's Junk) way back in May of this year.  In fact, Jay has sent me another two packages since this one arrived...and I haven't had a chance to post any of them on the blog.  The one bright side to all of that is the fact that I've been accumulating a nice pile of goodies to send out to Wes - hopefully some stuff he likes will make their way to his mailbox in the near future!

Anyhow, today's package from Wes (and yes, the other packages are worthy of their own posts at a later date) contained mostly Reds' hits from modern sets.  I don't collect high-end stuff (I'm much too poor for what amounts to basically a lottery ticket that I'm all but assured to lose).  As such, it's rare for me to ever add cards from a set like Topps Triple Threads to my collection.  It's even rarer for me to add relics and autographs from sets like that.

However, thanks to the generosity of Wes, that's exactly what I've been able to do!  We begin our tour with a sticker autograph and bright red relic of Tony Cingrani.

Cingrani hasn't been nearly as good this year as he was last year (in fact, he got sent down to the minors to figure out how to get batters out again).  That said, I still have hope for the guy in the future and a relic/auto numbered out of 75 is always appreciate (especially when it's a Red)!

Next, another relic/auto combination (this time the auto is on card) of one of my favorite current players on the Reds:  Todd Frazier.

This beauty is numbered out of 75 as well - but it's got an even larger bunch of red cloth and (in my opinion) is a great looking relic!  If only Topps did all their relics as nicely as this one!

Of course, not every relic has an autograph to go with it - case in point:  Scott Rolen

I think Topps could have picked a non-blurry picture for the card, but otherwise it's pretty nice.  I will say the bright red cloth is much prettier to look at (and much more interesting to boot) but I still like this card.  Rolen will always have a special place in Reds' lore as he's the one that is most often credited with adding the much ballyhooed "veteran leadership" for the Reds' first pennant run in about twenty years.

The final relic that Wes sent my way was of Johnny Cueto.

Cueto is definitely worthy of the "ace" moniker that the card bestows on him.  I don't know why the card is numbered out of 27 - nor do I know why Cueto's relic is wooden (he can't hit worth a lick so maybe he didn't mind giving up all his bats)?  Even so, it's a cool card - and one of my few Cueto relics that I own!

Wes also included a Triple Threads non-relic card of Johnny Bench.

Bench is the man so getting a new card of him is always appreciated (though why so much green for a Reds' card Topps)?!

Finally, Wes also threw in a few Barry Larkin cards including two that were brand new to my collection.

I'll have more information about those two cards in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection Series.  I can say that both are serially numbered Larkin cards - something that I'm always grateful to acquire as many of them have been scooped up by other Larkin collectors!!

Thanks for the great trade package Wes (and for the other two as well even though I didn't post anything from them quite yet).  As for anyone else, if you want to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments