Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 310: 1994 Donruss - #45

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Donruss
Card number:  45

The 1994 Donruss set somehow escaped me when I was a kid.  Looking back, that's too bad because if this Barry Larkin card is any indication the '94 Donruss set is actually quite nice!  The front of the card features a great action shot of Larkin turning a double play.  I could do without the foil logo but given that this was 1994 the glittery gold is to be expected.  Of course, longtime readers of my blog will know that I appreciate the large team logo on the front of the card (even if it isn't the Reds' running man logo which is far superior to the boring 'ol C).

The back of the card features a second image (this time of Larkin batting) whiich I like.  The one bad bit is that Donruss continued their insistence on not including full career statistics.  Even worse, Donruss shifted away from the 5 years' worth of statistics to only a single year.  It does make the photo "pop" a bit more to not have it obscured by statistics but I'm a numbers guy...

Comments