Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 321: 1994 Fleer - #45 - All-Stars Insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Fleer
Insert set:  All-Stars
Card number:  45

The 1994 Fleer All-Stars card is the first Barry Larkin insert that I ever remember pulling directly from a pack.  I remember thinking that the American flag in the background was kind of cool - certainly different than any other card I had seen up until then!  I also remember being a bit bummed reading about Larkin's injury - it's definitely a downer description of my favorite ballplayer.  All that said, I still like the card though not nearly as much as when I first pulled it.  In fact, if this hadn't been the first Larkin insert that I pulled, I doubt I'd hold it in nearly as high regard as I do...  No statistics, no team logos...those are usually deal breakers but for this one, I'll let it slide!

Comments