Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 322: 1994 Pinnacle Church's Chicken Hometown Stars - #12

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Church's Chicken Hometown Stars
Card number:  12

I've never eaten at a Church's Chicken so I can't judge their food.  I can, however, judge their baseball card.   The card was actually produced by Pinnacle but it is completely devoid of any team logos.  According to baseballcardpedia, this set also has a gold parallel which is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard of in regards to an oddball set.  Despite that, I will admit that this is a nice looking card.  The front has a nice action shot (complete with one of the guys from Men in Black in the background).  The back features a head shot of Barry (complete with an airbrushed cap).  I think this card easily makes the top half of all Barry Larkin oddballs...it might even be in the top 25%!

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:07 AM

    I've got the Church's Dwight Gooden, and have seen a couple of others from this set, and I have to say that it seems to be one of the nicest unlicensed oddball sets you'll find.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment