Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Christmas Cards from my Brother: A Whopper of a Want List Whittling!

I didn't get a lot of baseball cards for Christmas this year - in fact, I had only one box of unopened cards - but I did get a nice pile of cards from my brother full of cards from my want list.  My brother took the time to go to my blog and pull out a big stack of cards for me...and so let's see what Christmas goodies I ended up with!

First up, the largest stack which is 2013 Topps Chrome.  I actually received a box of 2013 Topps Chrome for Christmas last year which made me decide to try and collect the whole set.  Who knew that over a year later I'd still be missing so many cards?

Well, my old 2013 Topps Chrome looked like this before my brother got a hold of it...

...and now?  Well, it's almost all gone!

That's a huge chunk gone!  Getting a set's worth of needs down to a single line on my want list is always a feat in and of itself.  To do so in one swoop from five lines to only one line's worth of wants?  Amazing!

That alone would have been an awesome Christmas present, but my brother wasn't done yet!

Next up on the chopping block?

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's!

The A&G set is always one of my favorite sets of the year - but this year's set has proven quite difficult to finish off.  I've struggled with the base set, I've struggled with the minis, and I've struggled with the regular sized insert cards.

Thanks to my brother, I can now (finally!!!) say that my base set is complete - the final card needed?  Mr. Jason Castro of the Houston Astros.

It's not even a short print...but tracking down card #251 proved to be impossible until my brother stepped up to the proverbial plate!

Of course, he wasn't done with Ginter with that one base card.  Nope, not even close!

He finished off the last two cards that I needed for my Air Supremacy insert set...

...and the final Festivals & Fairs card that I was missing too!

He also tracked down the final two Fields of Yore cards that I needed which included this gorgeous Cleveland Municipal Stadium card!

One Natural Wonder card that I was missing?

No longer!

Alphabetically, the next Ginter insert set to feel my brother's wrath was the Pastime's Pastimes set.  My brother didn't quite finish it off be he did give me seven of the ten cards that I was missing!

The last Ginter set to be completed was the World's Capitals set.  I was still missing Moscow and Ottawa but now both are safely tucked in my binder!

I can't express how awesome it feels to have so many of the Allen & Ginter's insert sets complete now!  And, of course, it's all thanks to my brother.  But before I get too mushy or sentimental, I need to show off even more cards.

That's right.  In addition to the 2013 Topps Chrome and the 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's, my brother also did some damage to a third set on my want list:  2014 Topps Heritage.

He gave me the final three non-short prints that I needed for my set.

And, even better, he found NINE short prints for me which included a really nice Joey Votto!

Many, many thanks brother!  I couldn't have hand picked a much better selection of cards - or sets to complete!!  My Allen & Ginter's binder is especially happy - but those Heritage short prints were super appreciated as well!  As for anyone else, if you happen to have anything I need, shoot me an email and hopefully we can work something out!

Comments

Post a Comment