Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Group Break Begins! Three Packs to Rip - on Video No Less

I'm still working out the kinks on recording video pack rips since I want to make sure to get the Stadium Club box and the two Topps TEK boxes on video when I rip those.

For my first attempt, I took a pair of the 2010 Upper Deck bonus packs and used YouTube's built in video recorder.

 Personally, I think the quality is unacceptable on the above video - part of that is probably my crappy laptop and its crappy video camera but I think the real issue is YouTube's software.  Maybe there is some way to get it in a higher definition...but I couldn't figure it out.  I had recorded this video a few days ago as more of an experiment than anything else - BUT all the cards you see in the video are going into their respective team's piles!

The second video is a short one and it's for the one included pack of Topps Chipz.


I did that video my usual way which is to say that I used software on my computer to record the video then waited about an hour or so for the the video to upload to YouTube.  The quality still isn't great (and it seems looking back that things were better before I turned on the extra light).

All that said, the first method is substantially quicker - the second method seems slightly better in terms of quality.

What do you think?  Let me know in the comments or, if you prefer, via email.

I do know that I had asked for a tripod for Christmas for my digital camera (which would give me what I hope is a better way to record videos) but when I opened the box the tripod was missing a key piece.  When we went to return it to the store for a new one they were all out of stock...

So for this break anyhow, I think it's either the YouTube built in recorder or my laptop's camera.  Maybe I can figure out a way to use my digital camera and some sort of rickety, hodgepodge tripod idea...there are still a few other bonus packs for me to experiment with before we get to the actual boxes everyone came here for!

PS:  If you missed the CONTEST that I posted this morning, be sure to check that out too!

Comments