Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Theme Week: Better Know a Blogger (Caitlin from Yankees & Jays)

Welcome to "Better Know a Blogger" Theme Week (week 4!) here at Nachos Grande.  A few weeks ago, I put out a call to any interested bloggers to answer a short questionnaire that I had prepared.  The goal of the questionnaire is for all of us to get to better know some of the various personalities on the blogs!  I hope you find this Theme Week as much fun as I did - and hopefully you'll learn something about your fellow bloggers as the week progresses!

1. Your name (or alias):  Caitlin Jennings
2. Your blog website:  Yankees and Jays
3. What kind of collector do you consider yourself (team collector, player collector, set collector, etc.). Why do you collect that way?  
Player/set. I like to collect that way because there are certain players I like and I like the accomplishment of a complete set.
4. In your opinion, what could the major card companies (Topps, Panini, etc.) do to make your style of collecting better for you?
 Make collation better. 
5. What is your favorite part of your collection?  This could be one specific item, or a binder of cards, etc.
My Core Four binders
6. Most of us have a favorite song that we like for no good reason – heck, it might even be embarrassing.  Do you have a favorite baseball card that might fit that bill?  
2012 Topps Tim Hudson #58
7. If you were forced to part with your entire collection except for one card, which card would you keep?
2009 Upper Deck SPX Mariano Rivera, Jonathan Papelbon Dual Jersey Card #WM2-RP
8. Many of the blogs (including my own at times) seem to decry Topps’ lack of vision and creativity.  Can you think of something creative that could be done for an upcoming card set?
Card companies should make less inserts and parallels.  
9. What is your profession?  How did you end up there?  If you are in school, what do you plan to major in and/or what job do you hope to get after graduating?  
I'm a student and I plan to major in criminology
10. What is your favorite place that you’ve ever visited?  Why?  
 Vancouver, B.C. The mountains were spectacular
11. Many of us have favorite foods or customs that are somewhat local to where we live.  Do you have any such things that you particularly love?  A website link to specific products would be spectacular.  
Skating at Victoria Park
12. Do you have any other hobbies besides card collecting?  
Bowling!
13. Tell me something interesting about yourself (that we haven’t covered in the first twelve questions).
I love baseball!
As always, a big thank you to our latest volunteer in my ongoing Better Know a Blogger series!  Caitlin is relatively new to the blogging scene so I was happy to have her participate!  She may have had some short answers, but that's ok!  I've heard nothing but good things about Vancouver, B.C. - it's definitely a place that I'd love to visit sometime!

Now that we are into our fourth week of Better Know a Blogger, I can report that we are nearing the end of the series.  I know that I still have five more to go (plus my own entry).  If anyone else is still interested in participating, feel free to send me an email and I can mail you the questionnaire!  Otherwise, this feature will be finished up within a week or so!

Comments