Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 333: 1994 Leaf Limited - #95

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Leaf Limited
Card number:  95

The 1994 Leaf Limited set consisted of 160 different cards.  There was also a single insert set (All-Stars) that were numbered out of 10,000.  Luckily for my collection, Barry wasn't part of the All-Stars insert set (Ozzie Smith was the NL shortstop representative).  Thus, this one card proves to be the only card that I need from the '94 Leaf Limited set...a rarity for mid-90s sets to have only a single Barry Larkin card!

While I'm happy to have a set that I can safely say I no longer need any cards from it, I wouldn't have minded if Leaf/Donruss had produced a few more Larkin cards in the set...the front design is quite nice and I like the back even more (especially with the quote from someone outside of the Reds' organization).  All told, this is a nice card from a set that I never hear anything about...perhaps I'll try to track down a box of the stuff someday and use it for a group break!

Comments