Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! A Christmas Gift from Dennis!

Before I get to today's scheduled post (and yes, I had this post ready to go for about a week), I want to remind you that I opened up my 2015 Topps Heritage Group Break yesterday.  The break will contain a full case of 2015 Heritage PLUS a box of 2004 Topps Clubhouse Collection (a box that contains twenty (!) hits in it)!  Go here to sign up!

---------------

Back in the middle of December, I received a trade package from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders.  Between the group break that I had going on at the time (and then the 2015 Topps group break that I just finished off), I got behind on posting about many of the trade packages that arrived...with this package certainly falling in that category!

Although it's been awhile, the wait was worth it - and I'm starting off the post with the best card in the package.

What?!

Did I stop liking the Reds and switch over to the Giants (and if I did, could you blame me - at least San Francisco can win playoff series lately)?

No.  I didn't switch.  I still don't like the Giants.

But I do like this relic.

A lot.

You see, way back in 2010 I decided that it would be fun to complete a full relic set.  Since I bought so much of the Allen & Ginter set that year, I picked the bright red bordered relic set to be the subject of my experiment.

Flash forward to 2015 and I'm still plugging away.  Thanks to Dennis, I now am one card closer - and if you want to know what I still need from the relic set, you can find a full list here.

In addition to the relic (which was an awesome surprise), Dennis also threw in some assorted Reds.

We begin with one that I already had - a Kimball Champions mini of Aroldis Chapman.

This is a gorgeous mini card - so nice in fact that I actually collected the full set of Kimball minis from that year (at least for Series 1).

The next card of note was new to me - a Panini Brandon Phillips sticker card.

I would have loved all the sticker cards when I was a kid - and part of me still loves them despite not having Trapper Keepers to apply them to anymore!

The final card from Dennis that caught my eye was this one...

That's a pee-yellow parallel of the 2008 Johnny Cueto rookie card.

I actually have no idea what this parallel is - I've never seen one like it before...but it's definitely pee colored, I do know that much!  The card is numbered RV30 on the back if that helps.

Thanks so much for the surprise gift Dennis - and sorry it took me so long to publicly acknowledge your generosity!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade (and see if I can post the results a bit quicker), check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments