Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

My Second Blaster of 2015 Topps Series 1 (a Pink Parallel Shows Up in Retail!!)

Before I get to the second blaster of Topps Series 1, I would like to remind you all that I have a 2015 Topps Heritage group break that is now open.  There are TONS of great teams available still!  The break should provide us with at least 32 hits so join now!!

-------------------


A couple of weeks ago I had my fill of 2015 Topps Series 1 thanks to the group break.  However, after opening the case up, I liked the set enough to decide to try and collect it myself.  Today, I get to rip my second blaster of the product with the hopes of landing a bunch more of the base cards that I need!
The anticipation!!


Pack 1:
Pink parallel
173.  Carlos Torres - Mets #49/50

Yeah, first pack out of the blaster and I land a pink parallel.  In all the blasters that I've opened over the years, I've never pulled a parallel quite this rare.  The pink parallels are seeded 1:527 retail packs - pretty darn rare if you ask me.  Unfortunately, this one is a Met so it doesn't really fit into my collection...trade offers?

Pack 2:
1st Home Run
19.  Paul Konerko - Dodgers

The first of what I presume will be many 1st Home Runs insert cards.  This is an insert set that I won't be chasing so it too is available for trade.

Pack 3:
Rainbow parallel
92.  Ian Kinsler - Tigers

I wish I hadn't just sent a package off to Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders...  I could have thrown this in there for him since he collects the Tigers.

Pack 4:
Robbed in Center:
R2.  Alexi Amarista - Padres

I love the Robbed insert set - great action shots of plays at the wall.  This is a set that I think I will collect this year.  Pack 4 also had a Jason Heyward 1st Home Run that is available if anyone wants it.

Pack 5:
223.  Angels

I like this year's team cards a lot - it's fun to see the different celebrations and revelry happening between teammates.

Pack 6:
1st Home Run
31.  Yoenis Cespedes - Athletics

Another one of the 1st Home Run cards...and I still can't do anything but yawn.

Pack 7:
Gold parallel
268.  Aroldis Chapman - Reds #0760/2015

Wooooooooo!  Woooooooooo!  This blaster has officially become pretty great - a pink parallel plus a Reds' gold parallel - and of a star Reds' player no less?!  Yeah, I'm excited since I rarely pull cool Reds' stuff from packs!

Pack 8:
1st Home Run
17.  Adam Dunn

Two cool Reds' cards in a row!  Yes, yes, I know I've bagged on the 1st Home Run insert set this entire post but I make an exception for Reds' cards.  Plus, I've always liked Adam Dunn...even when most Reds' fans didn't.

Pack 9:
Highlight
24.  Derek Jeter - Yankees

Alright, who wants it?

Pack 10:
First Pitch
2.  Jack White

I don't get the fuss over this set.  To me, it's a filler insert set...

And now, the exclusive First Home Run Commemorative Relic Card...

FF.  Freddie Freeman - Braves

Well, that's two blasters and two NL East players for the relic card.  Where are my Braves' fans at?

All told, I can't complain at all about this blaster - a bunch of base cards that I needed plus a pink parallel and a Reds' gold parallel.  The rest of the inserts are just icing on the proverbial cake!

Comments

  1. Hey Chris, I know I've asked to claim a few cards from your previous blaster, but if I could, I'd love the Jack White and the 3 First Home Run Cards. I'll have a package together to send to you tomorrow or Wednesday. If you let me know what base cards you still need, I can try to throw some of those in too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled a pink parallel out of my blaster too. Breaking the odds!

    Cool that you pulled a Chapman. Always nice to get your own guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment