Featured Post

Delivery Time! Hot Corner Highlights!

I'm working diligently to catch up on all my outstanding trade posts - so here's another one!  Today, we feature cards from Patrick over at Hot Corner Cards.  Patrick sent me a bunch of cards off of my want list including a pretty large stack of 2015 Topps base cards.

I'm getting closer to completing the entire 2015 Topps Series 1 set...the question now is will I finish off Series 1 before Series 2 is actually released?  It's going to be a close call I think!

In addition to the 2015 cards, Patrick also helped me out with my quest to collect all things Ginter!

He sent me a smattering of full-sized insert cards (including the card for Athens, Greece - a great city that I had the good fortune of visiting once in my life).

In fact, just seeing that card for Greece made me miss the place - I've always enjoyed Greek mythology (despite being a math guy) - and the sheer amount of wonders around the country...not to mention the gorgeous islands makes Greece one of the nicest places I've ever visited.  That also made for a rather long run-on sentence.  Sorry grammar freaks.
An actual photo I took while in Athens, Greece!

Anyhow, moving back to baseball cards...

Patrick helped me out with some mini Ginter to go along with the large sized Ginter cards.

I think the Hiawatha card is my favorite.  The town where I work (Williamsport, PA) has a riverboat called the Hiawatha.  I can only assume it was named after the same Hiawatha described by this card.

Finally, as often happens with trades between Patrick and I - there were a few assorted Reds as bonus throw-ins.  The only non-baseball card was this sort of creepy glow-in-the-dark card of Mat Latos.

I was a bit bummed when the Reds traded Latos...but after his first start where he didn't even get out of the first inning (while giving up seven runs), maybe the Reds knew what they were doing.  Out of the bonus baseball cards, I think the either the Chapman (some sort of 2014 Topps insert) or the Bruce gold parallel were my favorites!

Many, many thanks for the trade Patrick!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments