Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Archives Group Break: Trying to Tempt - Royals, Rays, and Blue Jays Especially!!

As you may or may not know, I am hosting a 2015 Topps Archives full case group break here at Nachos Grande.  As of the time of this post going live, I have sold ten of the fifteen slots.  Each slot gets you a team of your choice and a random team.  The total cost is only $75 which is pretty good (a full case runs $1000 right now).  Anyhow, I desperately need to sell more slots so my goal with this particular post is to see if I can get someone to jump in!

Here are the available teams (again, as of this post).  You can find the full list here.
Arizona Diamondbacks -
Atlanta Braves  -
Baltimore Orioles -
Boston Red Sox  -
Cleveland Indians -
Colorado Rockies -
Florida Marlins -
Houston Astros -
Kansas City Royals -
Los Angeles Angels -
Minnesota Twins -
Oakland Athletics -
Philadelphia Phillies -
Pittsburgh Pirates -
San Diego Padres -
San Francisco Giants -
Tampa Bay Rays -
Texas Rangers -
Toronto Blue Jays -
Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos -

Now, in an effort to get someone to claim a slot, I'm going to sweeten the proverbial pot for a few of the teams.

Here's the deal:

IF you claim the ROYALS as your team and if, at the end of the break, neither the Royals nor your second random team end up with a hit*, I will add this card from my own collection to your stack of cards.

*Here a "hit" is defined as any relic, autograph, manufactured relic, or any card with insertion rates of 1 per box or rarer.

The card up for grabs for the Royals slot is a Brandon Finnegan dual relic and autogrpah from 2015 Panini Diamond Kings.  This card is numbered 133/299 on the back making it a really nice card!  We actually pulled this card in the last group break but no one claimed the Royals so I ended up stuck with them.

IF you claim the RAYS as your team and if, at the end of the break, neither the Rays nor your second random team end up with a hit*, I will add this card from my own collection to your stack of cards.

*Here a "hit" is defined as any relic, autograph, manufactured relic, or any card with insertion rates of 1 per box or rarer.

The card up for grabs for the Rays slot is a 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter's framed relic of Carlos Pena.  This particular card is a relic card with "travel day-worn memorabilia" of Pena according to the card back.  It's definitely one of the more unique relic types in Ginter (a set known for unique relic types)!

IF you claim the BLUE JAYS as your team and if, at the end of the break, neither the Blue Jays nor your second random team end up with a hit*, I will add this card from my own collection to your stack of cards.

*Here a "hit" is defined as any relic, autograph, manufactured relic, or any card with insertion rates of 1 per box or rarer.

The card up for grabs for the Blue Jays slot is another one of the spoils from the last group break.  This is a 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen (on card) autographed rookie card of Dalton Pompey.  It's a great looking autograph.

I will say that I had a couple of people contact me about reduced pricing on slots but unfortunately that won't be possible with this break.  I'm hopeful that the above deals might spur someone to claim another slot or two - and then I'll just have to pick up the remaining slots - I wouldn't mind landing a Will Ferrell autograph for my own collection!

I plan to order the 2015 Topps Archives case sometime next week - but having a few more slots claimed before then would make me much, much happier!

One final bonus:  If you claim TWO of the above teams (meaning you claim two different slots - $75 per slot) I will throw in BOTH of those team's "bonus cards" regardless of how your teams do in the group break.  If you have already claimed a slot and choose to claim one of the above three teams as an additional slot, I will throw in the corresponding hit for you as well regardless of how your teams do in the break.

In other words, if you buy at least TWO slots (at least one of which is the Rays, Blue Jays, or Royals) you will be sure to get a hit out of the group break!

Please note that this offer ends when I have sold all 15 slots OR whenever I close the group break sign-ups.  Also, this offer is only valid if you claim one of the three above teams.  If say you end up with the Royals as your random team (meaning no one claimed the Royals as one of the 15 claimed teams) this offer is not valid!

Comments