Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 365: 1996 Leaf Limited - #43

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Leaf Limited
Card number:  43

The mid-90s were a time of transition for me.  I moved from one town to another town an hour away - and as someone who didn't yet have a driver's license that basically ensured that I left one life behind and had to start over.  Besides the usual friends and school issues that come with moving, I ended up with a baseball card related issue as well.  In my old town, there was an honest-to-goodness hobby shop with actual packs of baseball cards.  I could go there and at least see the new stuff (even if I couldn't afford most of it).

My new town?

Nothing.

The only spot to get cards was my local CVS pharmacy.  And CVS didn't care fancy stuff like Leaf Limited.

Thus, I can thank my Barry Larkin Collection for introducing me to the 1996 Leaf Limited set - and it's a pretty cool looking set.  A bit too much foil for my tastes but I could see how the flashiness of the set in the 90s would be a good thing.  Like many 90s fads though, I don't think foilboard aged well...and for that Leaf Limited does suffer a bit.  No matter, I do like this card - and while it doesn't have most of what I usually want in a card (statistics for one thing), it's still pretty darn nice!

Comments