Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 366: 1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice - #520

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Upper Deck Collector's Choice
Card number:  520

I've always enjoyed the UD Collector's Choice line of cards.  When I was a kid, it was the one brand that I could afford (low price per pack) but that also felt like I was getting a good deal.  The Collector's Choice brand has always had fun inserts (stickers, stand-ups, etc.) as well as a high quality base card design.

The 1996 set is no exception to the rule (even though I didn't actually buy much of this product when it was released).  No matter, the front had a clean design with a nice, bright team logo.  I could do without the vertical text but otherwise I have no complaints about the card front.

The card back is equally nice - you get a secondary photo (in Larkin's case a nice action shot) plus full career statistics (something I appreciate).  You also get a baseball quiz - and this one happens to be Reds' themed which earns the card bonus points in my eyes!  All told, this is a sharp looking card - and proof that a card need not come from an expensive pack in order to be nice (or, put another way, you can produce nice, high-quality cheap cards)!

Comments