Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 367: 1996 Starting Lineup

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Starting Lineup
Card number:  (not numbered)

As a kid, I never got into the whole Starting Lineup craze.  I guess I always had my fill of little figures with all the LEGO minifigures that I owned.  While I'm certainly not sad that I avoided Starting Lineup (I'd have no room for any of the figures these days), it has made tracking down the little baseball card that came with each figurine rather difficult at times!  In fact, I believe this is my first Starting Lineup Barry Larkin card - and it might be the only one I own as of now.  To be fair, I don't actually know how many other Larkin cards exist from Starting Lineup...that would require too much research for a holiday weekend!

Turning our attention to the card at hand, I have to say that this is one ugly card!  The front has vertical green font taking up 40% of the card - and the back is monochromatic and ugly.  And that font for the team name on the back...atrocious.

I'm happy to have the card in my collection but this would never, ever make me want to buy a Starting Lineup figurine...though I probably wouldn't be able to turn down a Larkin figure if push came to shove!

Comments

  1. Hello,

    My name is Jeff, and I heard about your blog from reading Shoebox Legends, AKA Shane Diaz. I have a ton of things from your wantlist that are just taking up space here in New York. I would love to try to work something out, and as Shane can attest, I am extremely generous and forthcoming when it comes to reciprocating trades. Please let me know if you are interested in trading, and I collect the following:

    Don Mattingly
    Derek Jeter
    Mike Aviles
    Matt Morris
    Mark Messier
    Mats Zuccarello
    Ryan Callahan
    Brandon Dubinsky
    various hockey sets (Upper Deck Young Guns, Upper Deck Artifacts, etc.)
    various baseball sets (2007 Topps Allen and Ginter, 2012 Topps Archives, 2004 and 2007 Topps Heritage, 2005 Donruss Elite)

    PLMK!


    Jeff

    Please e-mail me at qualum23@gmail.com if you're interested in working out a trade. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment