Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Home Run Apple Hits a Home Run With Me!

As you probably all know, I'm in the middle of getting sign-ups for my newest group break (a full case of 2015 Topps Archives).  If you are interested in that, you can go here to sign-up.

For today's post though, it's time to take a look at some spoils from one of my previous group breaks...at least in a roundabout way!  In fact, what happened is Keith from The Home Run Apple sent me a few cards from my own want list as a way of saying thanks for one of the group breaks that I held earlier this year.

We begin our tour through the surprise package with simultaneous good and bad news.  The good part is that Keith tracked down one of the few 2009 Allen & Ginter's cabinet cards that I still needed.

The bad news is that my postal delivery person doesn't give a flying f*** about baseball cards.  She folded the package in half and then shoved it into my mailbox with nary a care in the world.  Thus, despite Keith using a bubble mailer AND wrapping the card in a cardboard shell, the card still arrived damaged...  I blame my postal worker though - and the card will be going into the binder regardless because I'm more interesting in completing the set rather than GEM MINT 10 cards!

The rest of the package of cards arrived unharmed which is good since Keith packed in a few other goodies including a trio of Gypsy Queen cards that I needed.

I can't adequately express how awesome it is to acquire some cards from my want list as a surprise mailing.  Simply awesome!  The Tony Gwynn card is particularly nice - though I also like the thematic elements of the Dealing Aces insert set.

Besides a bit of want list assistance, Keith also included a few assorted Reds for me including a fearsome foursome of Reds' parallels.

That's a lot of gold (and green) - including the one Topps mini that is numbered out of 62.  Very cool indeed.

Speaking of very cool - we end with a doozy!  A signature / relic card of Zack Cozart.

Cozart is mostly known for being an all-glove, no-stick kind of shortstop.  Not a bad player but not one likely to help you at the plate.  This year, however, Zack has found the hitting light it seems.  He's been dynamite at the plate and in the field...in fact, Cozart's play has been one of the few positives on the Reds' dismal-so-far 2015 campaign.

Many, many thanks for the great cards Keith!  As usual, should anyone else wish to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. For the life of me, I can't find a crease in the scan of that cabinet card. That really is a bummer as I love that card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It runs down the right side of the card - you can see it in the scan if you look down at the "greenery" at the bottom right of the card (about an inch over or so). It is a nice card - and I'll be including it in my set regardless. Just a shame my post office doesn't care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great envelope from Keith -- he's a great guy to trade with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the package. I can't believe they folded that package. Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment