Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Waiting 'til Next Year Delivers a Unique Addition to my Collection!

I've been collecting all things related to Barry Larkin for quite some time now.  In fact, my Larkin card collection now totals almost 370 (369 to be exact) on my online collection but then I have another 300 or so card waiting to be scanned and written about.  As such, it's not always easy to find a Barry Larkin card that I don't already own.

Enter Tom from Waiting 'til Next Year.

Tom found something else Barry Larkin related - what it was was a bit of a mystery to me when I unwrapped the package and I was greeted with this box.

Heck, even after opening the inside box I was still unsure...

...until I rotated that baseball a bit.


Yea, that's a pretty sweet "oddball" addition to my collection.  And here, the word "oddball" is quite literal as this is a ball!

This baseball will end up next to a ball I bought back when I visited Cincinnati a number of years ago that had facsimile signatures of everyone one that year's Reds' squad (including Larkin).  I just need to figure out a good way to display the baseballs down in my "man cave."  

Many thanks for the awesome surprise Tom!  It is always a great day when I get to add new stuff to my Larkin Collection - and it's even better when I add a piece that I never even knew existed!

Comments

  1. I still can't recall why I had the ball in my collection. Glad it is in the correct one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of the baseballs with logos on them. While doing my frequent trips to Goodwill I found a big flashy bowl, and put them in that. I would compare it to one of those fruit bowls people put on the table only a little fancier. One of these days I'll do the showing of the hobby room, and it will have pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment