Featured Post

2015 Topps Archives Group Break: Box #8 (Hitting the Topps Archives Lottery Jackpot!!)

After revealing the contents of this box, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that we definitely hit the Topps Archives lottery jackpot (and yes, Archives is most definitely a lottery product this year - lots and lots of loser cases with only a few gems out there).  Happily, we landed a gem of a case!

We'll get to the winning lottery ticket in a second, but first let's take a gander at some of the other cards in the box (all still nice cards I should add).

Fist up, a Bernie Allen 1969 Washington Senators (Rangers) card.

The Rangers were claimed by BMan so he gets himself a nice looking 1969 card!  Oh sure, the card is definitely worn a bit, but that only adds to the charm of it if you ask me!

Up next, the Oakland Athletics' version from the wonderful Will Ferrell set.

I love the little bits of "information" on the back of the majority of the Ferrell cards.  On this card, we learn:
"After Will toiled for one inning at shortstop for Oakland, manager Bob Melvin yanked him for playing out of position.  'Well, I like to be creative out there,' Ferrell retorted."
Haha, good stuff!

Box #8 featured a pair of parallel cards for us - the first being this silver parallel of Garrett Richard for the Angels.

I ended up with the Angels in the group break so I'm stuck with this card numbered 130/199.  It's for trade should someone out there actually collect Angels' cards...

Our second parallel of the box is decidedly better, even if I don't get to keep it.  It's a gold parallel of Buster Posey (a nice hit for P-Town Tom)!

The Posey is numbered 16/50, though I don't think Tom will care much about this card as compared to the hit coming up for him...

Before we get to that, let's take a look at the other autograph of the box.

That's a Joe Oliver autograph which goes to my Reds - yay!  The bummer is that it appears that Oliver's sharpie was running out of ink at the time he signed my card...I still like it (the 1989 Topps design is awesome for autos) but it is a bit of shame nonetheless.

What's not a shame is our final card:

Yeah, it's a redemption card but who cares really?  That's the big ticket autograph in Archives (along with Will Ferrell).  Can you believe that we actually pulled it out of our case?  I know I was excited and I don't even get to keep it!!  A huge congrats to P-Town Tom for landing what will surely be a great looking Topps Archives autograph.

That finishes off box #8 - our easy winner for best box of the break (beating out the Joc Pederson silver parallel autograph box in my opinion).  Despite the awesomeness of this box, there are still two more boxes to show off - and each of those boxes has at least one really nice card in it as well (including a 1 of 1 in one of the boxes)!  Stay tuned for those two boxes and then the group break will be completed!

Comments

Post a Comment