Featured Post

A Pair of PWEs from Alaska!

I had a pretty good week this week.  My softball team won our two games (one was a 30-28 "defensive struggle" victory).  I received a couple of great trades.  I even ordered the case for the upcoming 2015 Topps Heritage group break.  

Yeah, it was a good week!

While I'm guessing most of you have no desire to read about my softball escapades, I figured you might want to read about some baseball card love that has made its way to my house this week.  In fact, today's post is actually the results of two different PWEs for David up in Alaska.  David and I have traded back and forth since 2012 - and I love all my long-time trade partners!  

This time though, David really outdid himself for only two PWEs (each of which held a pair of cards).  In fact, when the worst card of the four is a Joey Votto insert - well, you've done well by me!

When I saw this card I couldn't help but think of Dan Fuego from Season 12 of Survivor.  I recently bought into CBS's All Access package so that my wife and I could watch all the old seasons of Survivor.  We just finished off Season 12 earlier this week - so that was the reason for the dated reference!

Next up, a set that I have a love / hate relationship with:  Gypsy Queen.

I am still working on both the 2013 and the 2011 Gypsy Queen sets so I've sworn off all things GQ until I complete at least one of them.  That doesn't mean that I don't want the cool Reds from the set though...and that Bench card is especially sweet!

We end with a pair of 2015 Donruss cards - both serially numbered Reds' cards!

First up this Joey Votto beauty numbered 362/390.  

I keep hoping that Votto will revert back to the awesome player that he was a few years ago.  For about a month this season it looked like he was back to form...but after a horrid May I'm beginning to think his "back to form" just isn't what it used to be.

Speaking of guys that sort of scare me, here's the final card from David:

That's a beautiful Johnny Cueto card numbered 134/199.  I don't often pull Reds' numbered parallels so I'm happy to add this one to my collection (along with the Votto).  

Many, many thanks for the great cards David!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments