Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 370: 1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice - #401 - Checklist Subset

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Upper Deck Collector's Choice
Subset:  Checklist
Card number:  401

I've mentioned it a bunch of times but I love the Upper Deck Collector's Choice line!  This card is a perfect example of why - the great action shot, the team logo on the front, and even the (relatively) nice back a normally boring checklist card is pretty darn nice.  I like how the checklist is easy to read, but I do wish there were little boxes to "check off" as you collected the various players.  I also like that Upper Deck split the checklists up by team, perfect for a set like this.  And, even better, they included both Series 1 and Series 2 on the checklist (which, let's be honest, is a smart financial move as well since people "gotta have 'em all")!

All told, Barry Larkin has appeared on a number of checklists over the years but I have to say that this is one of my all-time favorite checklist cards of his.  The front image is striking in its simplicity and the back works well too (though I would complain the tiniest bit about all the different fonts happening, yikes)!  That's a minor quibble though - overall this card is a great addition to my Barry Larkin binder!

Comments