Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 371: 1996 Studio - #26

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Studio
Card number:  26

Unlike a lot of people, I never was that enthralled with the Studio line of cards.  For me, I prefer my baseball cards with lots of action rather than boring posed shots (which helps to explain my love of Collector's Choice and Stadium Club among other sets)!  The 1996 Studio set is actually one of the stronger such sets in terms of action shots.  On the front, you get the usual posed shot but you also get an action image superimposed over that studio shot.  On the back, a second studio shot is in a circle while the main image is another (different) action shot.  Pretty cool, though I will admit that the overall card design is all kinds of busy!  I think having a full binder of this set would give one a headache when flipping through the pages...but having a single card from the set nestled among other 1996 Barry Larkin cards?  Well, that's pretty good stuff!

Comments