Featured Post

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 11 - Packs 1 - 6 (A Puig Box Topper!)

I am down to my final two boxes in my case of 2015 Allen & Ginter.  There is this box and then my last box which I will be using for Gint-a-Cuffs.  As of the time that I am writing this post (Saturday, July 25) the Gint-a-Cuffs rules still haven't been posted...and so, let's rip box #11 while we wait!

Box 11:
Box topper:

The box topper is a pretty nice card of Yasiel Puig.  I much prefer this original design of modern players in terms of the box toppers as compared to the oversized reprints which I find abysmal.  I still don't think I'll be chasing this set - but I reserve the right to change my mind!

Packs 1 - 6:

The first six packs weren't good in terms of providing me new full-sized cards for my set - all duplicates!  I did, however, get a black bordered mini short print (Hunter Strickland) which is a 1:130 pack pull.

The only other highlights from the first six packs come in the form of a pair of First Ladies minis.

For the Martha Washington card, I simply assumed she was card #1 in the set (since it would make sense to me for the set to be numbered in chronological order).  It came as a surprise then to see that Martha is actually card #2 in the set.  According to the checklist, it is actually Eleanor Roosevelt who gets card #1.

My other First Lady insert is of Lucretia Garfield - a mostly unknown First Lady (at least to me).

The back of her card says that the nation "lauded her strength while husband James fought for his life after being shot in 1881."

A bit of a sour note to end the first six packs - but hey, hopefully there are no more mentions of assassination attempts in the remaining 18 packs!

Comments