Featured Post

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 11 - Packs 19 - 24 (We End on a High Note)

Update:  I have finally updated my Want List with what I am looking for from this year's Allen & Ginter set.  I decided NOT to collect the framed relics after all - but I am going after one of the box loader sets (Pride of the People) and ALL the mini insert sets.  I also need help with the Keys to the City insert set.  You can find my full want list here - any and all help is appreciated - no trade is too small!
---------------

We've reached the end of box #11 - the final box before Gint-a-Cuffs!  I'm still waiting on the official rules though so for now let's finish off the penultimate box of the case!

Box 11:
Packs 19 - 24:

While much of box #11 has been disappointing to me, the box did end on a fairly strong note.  First, I picked up my one-per-box framed 10th Anniversary buyback.

That's a pretty nice card - and I still like the framed mini buybacks way more than the full-sized cards.

In addition to the buyback mini, I landed two more of the mini inserts including the third First Lady card of the box.

That's Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams and mother of John Quincy Adams.  Not many ladies have had the chance to be both First Lady and First Mother!  In fact, only two come to mind right now.

My other mini was from the A World Beneath Our Feet set.

This is the first (and only) of the bug cards from this box.  The Death's Head Hawkmoth gets a bad rap - in fact, all three of its species are related to death in Greek mythology.

And finally, we discover our final hit of the box - and I'm guessing it's a popular one with many of you!

Yeah, Yasiel Puig makes an appearance.  It's great to see my knack for pulling Dodger stars is still in tact...even if I can't seem to get a Reds' hit to save myself.

That's it for box 11 - only Gint-a-Cuffs remains.  Will that final box hold a rip card since I haven't had one yet?  Or will I go an entire case without a rip card yet again.  Only way to find out is to keep on stopping back in here at Nachos Grande!

Comments

Post a Comment