Featured Post

Bubba's Bangin' Bits of BGinter (the B's silent on that one)

I have had almost no free time over the past three weeks (basically every since the college kids came back to school).  As such, I'm still working my way through a bunch of trade envelopes that have arrived at the casa de Nachos over the past month (or possibly more now)!

Don't worry though - I will get to all the packages eventually!  After this box (from Matt over at Bubba's Bangin' Batch of Baseball Bits), I believe I actually only have three more outstanding trade envelopes to post.

Turning back to today's trade, it's full of all sorts of Ginter goodness.  We begin with a box topper of Big Ben.

I think Topps did a MUCH better job with the box toppers this year - especially the Pride of the People set.  Unlike previous years, this year's set looks like Topps used photos that didn't end up super pixelated when blown up on the large card.  I definitely appreciate that.  I also like the design of this set with the country flag making an appearance in the bottom middle of the card.  It's a little touch that adds a lot to the set as a whole.

The only thing I don't like about this set?  I still am in need of a LOT of these!  Specifically, I need #2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 yet (Great Wall, Mount Rushmore, St. Basil's Cathedral, Mount Fuji, and Angkor Wat in that order).  If you happen to have any of those available, please let me know!

Matt also sent me one of the Keys to the City cards that I needed.

The Keys to the City are the final regular-sized insert cards that I still need for my set.  I believe these are retail exclusive (and I didn't buy any retail this year) which means I'm going to be relying on trades...and most likely something like eBay eventually if I ever hope to complete the set!  Still, I'll take what I can get - and now I'm one card closer to completing this set!

In addition to helping out my want list, Matt also threw a couple of other full-sized cards in the trade package simply because he thought I'd appreciate them.  The first is one of the 10th Anniversary buyback cards (which are so stupid) of Brandon Phillips.

While the idea of buyback cards for a set that is only 10 years old is dumb, I do (regrettably) like that Phillips card...it helps that the 2007 set design is pretty darn nice...and the stamp really doesn't detract from the image at all on this one.

The final full-sized card of note was also Brandon Phillips, this time a relic card.

I didn't pull any Reds' hits out of my case of Ginter but at least now I know that someone out there did...  The plain white cloth is kind of boring but the overall design of the card isn't too bad.

Matt also sent me a smorgasboard of mini cards that I needed from the set - but those will have to wait for a future post since this post is already pretty long (and I'm out of time to do any more writing right now)!

Many thanks for the trade Matt - and if anyone else wants to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments