Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 399: 1997 Bowman Chrome - #7

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1997
Brand:  Bowman Chrome
Card number:  7

While I've never been a fan of the Bowman line of cards, I will say that is one of the better Bowman designs that I've seen.  The one thing I don't like about this particular Larkin card is that the front image makes it appear that this is actually a Jermaine Dye card instead.  Dye definitely dominates the front...so much so that it is Dye's head that is sticking out over the image frame (while Larkin's leg gets cut off).

On the other hand, the backside of the card is actually really nice.  Sure, you get the rather stupid team-by-team breakdown of stats that Bowman usually features but the overall design, color scheme, and photo used for Larkin are all top-notch.

I probably won't ever try and collect the entire 1997 Bowman Chrome set...but if I had to pick a Bowman set to chase after, this set would definitely be a contender!

Comments