Featured Post

Group Break: 2015 Topps Stadium Club - Packs 1 & 2 (There's Gold in Them Packs!)

Out of all the boxes in my final group break of 2015, I think I was most looking forward to opening up the Topps Tek and the 2015 Topps Stadium Club boxes.  I didn't buy a single pack, blaster, or box of 2015 Stadium Club despite loving pretty much every card I saw featured on everyone's blog.  I guess it was more a matter of trying to keep my collection in check (plus I still have way too many unfinished sets to add on yet another)!

That said, this box of Stadium Club didn't disappoint.  We get two autographs plus an insert or parallel in every pack.  Let's get it going with the first two packs, shall we?

Pack 1:
Bo Jackson - Royals

David Cone - Yankees
Brooks Robinson - Orioles
Andy Van Slyke - Pirates
Greg Maddux - Braves
Lou Brock - Cardinals
Luis Aparicio - White Sox

Gold Parallel:  Alex Rodriguez - Yankees

The Gold Parallels are seeded 1:3 packs making them the most common of any of the parallels.  I suppose starting off with A-Rod is alright when it comes to player selection for the parallel!  As for the rest of the pack, I liked most of the images (though I could do without the Maddux playing golf card...it feels too much like an Upper Deck card where they can't use logos).

Pack 2:
Jay Bruce - Reds

Jorge Soler - Cubs
Travis Ishikawa - Giants
Joe Mauer - Twins
Mickey Tettleton - Tigers
Carlos Ruiz - Phillies

Cole Hamels - Phillies
Gold Parallel:  Dennis Eckersley - Athletics

Two packs, two gold parallels.  We should get between 5 and 6 such parallels in the box since they are seeded 1:3 packs and the box comes with 16 packs.  In terms of the base card images, I LOVE the Bruce card but the rest of the images weren't anything special.  I chose to add in a scan of the Ruiz only because I like cards of catchers in their gear.

I hope to get back on track with plenty of group break posts over the next few days - and what better way to shake my funk than to bust a bunch of gorgeous cardboard?!  Congrats to everyone who got a nice card in this round...and with another 14 packs remaining (including two autos) who knows what will happen!?

Comments

  1. Nice - Eck is one of the best photos in the set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment