Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 417: 1997 Circa - #332

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Circa
Card number:  332

The 1997 Circa set is basically a cracked out 1995 Fleer set.  And yes, that's really saying something.
This particular Larkin card might be the only Larkin card that I own with a purple tornado on it...I guess that's something.

Seriously though, how many fonts are there?  And why?  And who wants an Ozzie Smith (from the hated Cardinals) quote on a Barry Larkin card?!  Actually, it's a pretty nice quote and I always liked Ozzie (even if I adamantly believed that Larkin was the better all-around player).

I guess I sort of like this card despite just how bad it is.  It's sort of like a super cheesy movie.  You know it is bad just by looking at it...and yet there's something oddly charming about it that sucks you in.

Either that or it's the tornado sucking you in.

Comments

  1. I don't think I could watch Sharknado on its own, but I saw the RiffTrax version twice. I guess in a vacuum that is kind of a weird comment. You mentioned a tornado, cheesy movies, and commentary (from Ozzie Smith) in your post, and that's what I got from it. And the first thing I thought of when I saw this card was 1995 Fleer. I really ought to do a series like this for one of my PCs. It seems like a good way to go back through a collection and appreciate each card you've got.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment