Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 433: 1997 Pacific Crown Collection - #271

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Pacific Crown Collection
Card number:  271

I have made it clear many times on my blog that I love pretty much everything Pacific related (especially the late 90s stuff).  Unfortunately, the 1997 Pacific Crown Collection is one of the few "misses" in my mind.  I don't particularly care for the excessive foil (especially since it's a vertical nameplate) on the front of the card.  On the back of the card, Pacific "hid" the card number near the bottom of the card in such a way that you cannot rapidly shuffle through a stack of '97 Crown Collection in search of a particular card - as a set collector foremost, that's a huge no-no for me.  I think I'll stick with this lone Larkin card and forgo ever trying to complete the rest of this set!  All that said, I'm still a fan of most of Pacific's work - not every set can be a winner though!

Comments