Featured Post

I'm #NotASuperTrader But That's OK. I've Got Dinosaurs in the Mail!

Oh sure, I may have missed the cut to be a #supertrader in Jaybarkerfan's newest undertaking, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy trading...in fact, this past week has been super productive for me in terms of trading, I think I've mailed out at least 10 trade packages in the last seven days.  That's pretty darn good for me!

As usual with trades, when you mail enough out some return packages are bound to show up.  On Saturday, I received a big 'ol envelope from Sam over at The Daily Dimwit that I was very excited to open up.  By the way, Sam is a #supertrader so I feel honored to be included on his mailing list these days!

Why?

Because Sam is the only out there that I am aware of who had some extra 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaur cards for trade.  I'm still working on that set (after already busting two full boxes of the product) but with no other bloggers seemingly busting the product I was solely at the mercy of whatever duplicates Sam happened to have.

Turns out, he had quite a few for me!

First, Sam was able to send a big 'ol pile of base cards my way.

Most of the base cards were duplicates (I only needed one of the regular base cards) but in that stack were also a bunch of the high numbered short prints (of which I needed most of the ones that Sam sent my way).

I was also lucky enough to get a bunch of cards from the sticker insert set.

Upper Deck Collector's Choice made me love sticker cards (and before that, Fleer wax packs)...and my love hasn't waned in the years since.  I love the sticker set - and if I had two or three copies of the sticker cards I'm pretty sure I'd still decorate my laptop with dinosaur stickers.  Luckily (?), I don't have that many extra copies so I'll still at least look like a grown-up when my laptop is out in public.

And finally, the creme of the crop:

Those are the 3-D cards and they are awesome!  I still need a whole bunch of these but I'm happy to get even a few cards closer to completing the set.

Many thanks for the trade Sam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list (my dinosaur needs are on there now as well).  You don't have to be a #supertrader to trade with me - I'll just as happily trade a PWE for PWE if necessary!

Comments