Featured Post

Valentine's Day Gifts? Sure, We'll Go With It.

This past week was an incredibly hectic work week for me, but I am pleased to say that I survived...and I even have most of the group break cards sorted and just about ready to go into the mail.  Of course, I still need to open up a bunch of bonus packs since I promised I would - but really, I think we already hit the jackpot with the group break given Box #5 from the case.  Seriously, if you haven't seen what a monster box we got, check out yesterday's post.

-----------------

Update since I wrote this post:  I have a list of available team sets if anyone in the group break would like to swap extra base cards with me.  Check it out here!

-----------------

Before I show off the final box from the group break, let's take a little holiday break for Valentine's Day and look at something else I love.  A PWE in the mail!

This one arrived this past Friday, so this could very well be the quickest mailbox-to-blog turnaround that I've ever managed!

The envelope came from David who sent me a few 2015 Topps Stadium Club cards that I needed in exchange for some 2014 Allen & Ginter cards (of which I still have a bunch more available for trade).

Although I know most of you are probably no longer interested in cards from 2015, I still feel compelled to show off my two favorite images from the cards that David sent my way.

First up, Carlos Ruiz.

Ever since I was a little kid I was a sucker for cards that featured catcher's in their full catching gear.  I don't know why, I mean, even as far back as Little League I was always a second baseman, never a catcher.  Still, I liked cards featuring the tools of ignorance I guess I never outgrew that...

As nice as the Ruiz is, the next card is wayyyyyy better.

Yeah, a Reds' legend that I didn't have in a set that I'm collecting.  Hard to beat that!

Thanks for the great PWE David - and if anyone else wants to trade, be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments