Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 436: 2000 Metal - #112

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand: Skybox Metal
Card number:  112

I have to admit that I've always had a soft spot in my collecting heart for the Metal brand.  Oh sure, it's quirky, but that's the charm of it!  I will admit that the 2000 Skybox Metal set doesn't really hold a candle to the truly quirky Metal Universe cards from the late 90s.  However, I also decided to collect the 2000 Skybox Metal set over the earlier Metal Universe sets so what does that say about me?

As for the card itself, the front features a fairly standard shot of Larkin batting...except for the fact that the image was taken just after Larkin made contact - notice the bat is actually suspended in mid-air!  On the backside, you have a hard-to-read card number (which I hate) and sideways statistics (which I also hate) along with a team logo (good) and a nice action shot (also good).  Overall, I'd say that the negative features on the back of the card outweigh the positives - and yet I'm still collecting the set.

Once again, what does that say about me?  Maybe cards really are a true addiction?

Comments