Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

I Got a New Box of Cards Off of eBay...and then Another!

About a week and a half ago, I completed another major milestone in my quest to get my entire baseball card collection reorganized - I fully sorted my cards from the year 2000, deciding what to keep and what to no longer collect.  One of the decisions that came out of that post was that I would try to collect the entire 2000 Fleer Tradition set despite the fact that I only owned about half of the 450 cards in the set.  I mentioned then that I would try to track down a box on eBay.

It took me this long to do so because the first time I tried to buy a box, the seller sent me a box of 2001 Fleer Tradition instead.  Now, a less honest person would have simply kept the 2001 box since it's worth probably two or three times as much as a 2000 box, but I wasn't trying to be dishonest...nor was planning to collect the 2001 Fleer Tradition set ever.  And so, I contacted the seller, shipped the box back to him, and then he shipped the correct box to me.  I didn't lose anything in the deal (the seller reimbursed me for shipping the box back to him) but it took time...and it was an inconvenience on my end for sure.

However, all's well that ends well - and now I'm pleased to say that I have this box in possession.

A brand new box of 2000 Fleer Tradition!

I'm hoping that this box gets me the full set (or at least close to it).  Once I have the entire box busted and organized, I'll be updating my want list with whatever cards still remain missing from my set.

My hope is that over the next week or so, I'll be able to start ripping and tearing some old school wax (if you consider 2000 old school of course...which I don't).  I'm excited to open the box since I haven't done much opening of card packs lately...stay tuned to see what I get (and I'm sure I'll end up with a healthy stack of trade bait as well)!

Comments

  1. You're gonna enjoy ripping that box, it was a fun product! Good looking set, nice inserts, and maybe a hit--I pulled a Carlos Beltran auto back in the day. Hope you complete your set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment