Featured Post

2016 Allen & Ginter: Box 3 - Packs 5 - 8: Some Nice Minis!

Woah, I just looked at the calendar and realized that tomorrow is the last day of July.  That's a big bummer!  At least I still have some 2016 Allen & Ginter to cheer me up (and make me forget, at least momentarily, about the upcoming school work year)!

Box 3 - Packs 5 - 8:

Two base short prints, two Numbers Game inserts.

That seems to be par for the course.  At least I pulled a nice Votto insert that I needed...and now I won't have to try and trade for the Kris Bryant (which is also a good thing for me).

My minis included a pair of regular backs of some big name stars (Roger Clemens and Frank Thomas).  I also got my first A&G back mini of the box - and it happens to be the first Reds A&G mini.  This pairs well with the no numbered A&G back mini that I already pulled!  And finally, I got my first mini insert - another US Mayor card (but I needed this one so it's all good)!

My two other full sized inserts included another Natural Wonders card that I already pulled (Punalu'u Beach) and a Carl Yastrzemski Baseball Legends card that I am also pretty sure I already pulled (so I didn't bother scanning either of them).

Clearly the minis were the highlight of this group of packs.  However, with 16 packs remaining in the box (including two more hits) this box still have a chance to be pretty good.  Fingers crossed.

Comments