Featured Post

2016 Topps Allen & Ginter: Beginning Box #3 - Here's Hoping for a Better Box!

At this point, I've opened up two boxes of 2016 Topps Allen & Ginter.  The first box was great - four hits including a rip card and a nice Brooklyn mini.  The second box was, well....not so great.  Let's hope the third box gets us back on track with great boxes!

Box 3:  Boxloader

I am now three-for-three in pulling oversized boxloaders, but at least all three have featured different players.  The Posey card shows off his Ginter rookie card from 2010, that's kind of cool I guess.  I like these boxloaders more than some of the similar "single player" boxloaders from previous years...enough that I could consider collecting the entire set if there are enough trading partners out there!

Just like with box #2, I'll go over the highlights from each pack rather than show off every single card. I think I'll do this in proper batches rather than trying to break down each pack - boring packs to write about are most definitely boring packs to read about.  Hopefully this new method makes for a better blog reading experience!

Looking at the first four packs now...

Packs 1 - 4:

I found a pair of base short prints which is nice.  I haven't yet collated all of the base cards - I'll probably wait until I finish ripping all six boxes before doing that - but with only 12 short prints (out of 50) in each box, I know I have quite a ways to go yet before I'll have the full base set!

As for the minis, I found my first Reds' mini (Billy Hamilton A&G no number back - seeded 1:73 packs) to go along with a Melky Cabrera black bordered mini.  The other two minis are both of the "regular back" type.

Another set that I have a ways to go on is the Numbers Game set since it is 100 cards strong (I believe).  You get 12 of those in a box as well...which means I really have a long ways to go before I have that set done.  The good news is that they are common enough that I imagine trading options will be plentiful.  My two Numbers Game cards from this group of packs included Yasiel Puig and Giancarlo Stanton.

Next, I ended up with a single Natural Wonders insert.  The Ngorongoro Crater.

Unfortunately, I already pulled this card in a previous box so it'll be on my trade bait page!

And last, but certainly not least, my first non-baseball relic from 2016 Ginter (and the first hit of box #3)...

That's Leigh Steinberg who is an agent.  I have no idea where that relic piece came from - it has a rather odd texture to it that I can't seem to adequately describe!

That was a nice start to the third box - let's hope it gets even better from here!  I'll have even more Ginter soon, stay tuned!

Comments