Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 462: 1997 Upper Deck SPx - #19

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Upper Deck SPx
Card number:  SPX19

The 1997 Upper Deck SPx set is another set that I find confusing, mostly because of the parallels.  In fact, it took until I had this base card to realize that the other SPx Larkin that I owned was a parallel.  Luckily, it turns out that Upper Deck made the parallels all have a black and white photograph on the back of the card (with the base cards having a color photo such as you see here).  I have more information on the parallels in the set on my post showing off a Steel version of this card.

As for this card, it's nice enough I guess.  The card is die-cut and uses Upper Deck's holoview technology.  In fact, according to Baseballcardpedia, this is the final set that used the holoview technology.  I don't know why that is but it's an interesting bit of trivia nonetheless!

Comments