Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 477: 1998 Upper Deck Collector's Choice - #7 - Evolution Revolution Insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Upper Deck Collector's Choice
Insert set:  Evolution Revolution
Card number:  7

If you've been reading my blog for awhile now, you probably know all about my love of the Collector's Choice brand.  In fact, as a kid it was the affordability of Collector's Choice (coupled with the great photography and interesting inserts) that kept me buying baseball cards.

One of the coolest insert ideas to come out of Collector's Choice was the Evolution Revolution set.  Each card in the set was actually a fold out "booklet" of sorts.  In Barry's case, the "front" of the card had an image of the Reds' away jersey and the back of the card had the color photograph of Larkin.  Once you removed the sticker holding the flaps of the card together, you got a (split) image of the Reds' home jersey as well as a nice write-up on Larkin.

I only ended up pulling one or two of these cards as a kid, but I know that I thought they were pretty cool.  Heck, even now I think the cards are pretty cool in that it's still a fairly unique idea that hasn't been beaten to death by subsequent card releases.  Good stuff here!

...and yes, for those that are wondering I do have an "unopened" version of this card that is sitting in my Barry Larkin binder.  Perfection and all that jazz.

Comments