Featured Post

Check Out My Cards: Volume I (UD Timeline Pujols)

Last week, I placed an order on Check Out My Cards - something I hadn't done in quite some time.  My goal?  Find as many cards from my want list as I could...without spending very much money.

In the end, I think I did quite well - I picked off 24 cards for a bit more than $32.  That's not bad considering I had to pay $4 in shipping (so basically 24 cards for $28 plus shipping).  It's even better when you realize that I bought pretty much all inserts or short prints!

Rather than bombard everyone with all of the cards (and sets) at once, I thought it might be better (and more fun for me) to show off the cards I bought one set at a time.  Admittedly, I am also hopeful that someone out there might have some of the other cards that I still need for the respective sets...and usually I'll have a bunch of trade bait as well so perhaps this entire endeavor can be mutually beneficial.

We begin my tour through my COMC purchase with a single card from the 2008 UD Timeline set.

That's card #300 of Albert Pujols from the 2004 Timeless Teams short printed subset.

The 2008 UD Timeline set is actually a *ahem* wonderful introduction to the idea of short printed cards.  The set claims to have 50 base cards, 50 prospect cards, and then the remaining 285 cards as short prints (of varying rarities).  In actuality, not all of those cards are really short prints...but as someone who has been collecting the set since it's release back in 2008 I can assure you that many of the cards in the set are true short prints!

For my set collection, I am painfully close to completing the full set - in fact, I'm down to needing a mere 11 cards.  The cards that I need - I'm so glad you asked.

2008 Upper Deck Timeline Wants:
Base: #308, 336, 341, 345, 356, 361, 363, 366, 373, 374, 375

Now, if you happen to be collecting the 2008 Timeline set - or if you think you might want to start your own set now - I have a TON of cards available (full list here).

Most of the sets that I bought cards from will have more than one representative - but for a set that's from 2008, even getting a single new card is considerable progress these days!

Comments

  1. I finished off that set a few years back and it was a beast. Good luck in your quest. I checked my dups list and unfortunately don't have any help for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment