Featured Post

1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated: Seriously Fleer. What the Bleep (AGAIN)?

A few days ago, I opened up a pack out of my 1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated box that contained a SINGLE card (and it wasn't even really a card - it was a mini poster) - along with a paper checklist which Fleer counts as a card in this set (which is a different WTF discussion).

Anyhow, I had to hope that the one pack was an anomaly...but I can now report that it wasn't.  

Pack 16:

17.  Matt Morris

173.  Greg Maddux

Extra Edition parallel:  177.  Cal Ripken, Jr.  (#273/500)

Great Shots:  Ryne Sandberg

If you are counting at home, that's only four cards (out of a promised 6 cards that should be in the pack).  I guess if you combine packs 13 and 16, you do get a "full" pack, albeit one with two mini posters.  Another annoying thing?  That Maddux is a duplicate from within this box...unacceptable if you ask me.

On the bright side, I did land my second Extra Edition parallel of the box - and this one is a good once seeing as how it's Cal Ripken, Jr.  The other good news is that I did need that Matt Morris card...so at least this pack had some redeeming qualities!

Let's hope the rest of the box doesn't suffer from any more poor pack filling by Fleer!

Comments