Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 489: 1998 Leaf - #168 - Bronze Y-Axis Die-Cut Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Leaf
Parallel:  Bronze Y-Axis
Card number:  168

The 1998 Leaf had a confusing system of parallels.  For this particular Larkin card, you could get the "original" base card, the bronze parallel (1800 total copies produced), or the bronze y-axis die-cut parallel (200 copies made, including this one).  In addition, there is a Fractal Diamond Axis parallel that is serially numbered out of 50.

As of the time of this post, I own two different versions of the Larkin card from the set - the regular base card and this Y-Axis die-cut parallel.  That means I only need to track down the much-less-rare non-die-cut Y-Axis parallel and the much rarer Fractal Diamond Axis parallel.

Comments

  1. I still enjoy some of those Fractal Matrix die-cuts... but it's been almost two decades and I still don't understand all of the different parallels. Back in the day, I was always afraid to trade any of the ones I pulled, because I never knew if mine was a super rare version of the card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment