Featured Post

1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice: Pack #10: In Which I (Re)Learn About a 12 Player MLB Trade

I finished the first quarter of my 1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice box a couple of days ago.  Today, I begin the next quarter - and to do so I'm going to go through the bottom left stack of packs in the box.

Pack 10:
40.  Greg Maddux
85.  Randy Myers
116.  Benito Santiago
256.  Dave Stewart
302.  Mark Carreon

Peace?
343.  Otis Nixon
358.  Checklist: Astros & Padres Trade 12 Players

This is a pretty cool piece of baseball trivia.  12 players were involved in a trade between the Astros and Padres (11 of which were Major League players).  You don't see a lot of deals like that.
You Make the Play:  38.  Ozzie Smith (Single)
We are now in the top of the second inning.  As I said in pack 3 (when I started the game up), we are assuming that the opposing team scores one run per inning.  Thus, at the end of 1 inning it was 4-1 us.  Ozzie gets us going right away with a lead off single to start the second inning of play.
Silver Signatures:
329.  Manny Ramirez
365.  Randy Johnson (Checklist)

Admittedly, not the most exciting pack but I had completely forgotten about the 12 man trade.  That in and of itself makes this pack worthwhile to me!

Comments