Featured Post

1996 Upper Deck Collector's Choice: Pack #11: In Which I See Larkin's Name on a League Leader Card

This is the 11th pack out of my 1996 Collector's Choice box - and the second pack that I've been able to rip today (I should be writing more lesson plans but baseball cards only take a few minutes, right)?!

Pack 11:
2.  Stat Leaders:  Tony Gwynn & Edgar Martinez

Barry Larkin finished 6th in average in 1995.  That was Larkin's MVP year as well.
97.  Lance Johnson

Here's to you, Lance.
120.  Jim Thome

Some of the big name players (i.e. the All-Stars) got borderless cards that are quite awesome.  The Thome is a perfect example.
212.  Carlos Perez
234.  Andy Pettitte
262.  Jon Lieber
308.  Robby Thompson
You Make the Play
41.  Greg Vaughn (Strikeout)
Vaughn's strikeout is only the first out of the second inning.  We still have a 4-1 lead and a runner on first base.  
Silver Signatures:
31.  Doug Johns
37.  Orlando Palmeiro

Not a bad pack - I like the League Leaders cards in the set quite a bit.  I also really like that Thome card...I don't think I had seen that one before!

Comments

  1. Perhaps a bit over the top but I agree about the Stat Leader design. It certainly gets your attention. The Thome is nice as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment