Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 499: 1999 Pacific Crown Royale - #38

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Pacific Crown Royale
Card number:  38

This may look like a fancy insert card, but it turns out that all of the base cards in Pacific's 1999 Crown Royale offering were die-cut like this.  Despite the overuse of gold foil, I have to admit that I have a soft spot in my heart for this card.  It's gaudy in all the right ways...and it's part of what made Pacific such a fun and interesting brand to collect.  You really never quite knew for sure what you'd get!

There are two parallel versions of this card floating around out there (neither of which I currently own as of this writing).  The first is a Limited parallel (numbered out of 99) while the other is an Opening Day parallel (numbered out of 72).  I definitely ought to make it a priority to track down the two parallels from the set since I actually like this card a lot!

Comments

  1. I always liked these cards, although there were several years this set existed so it's hard to tell which is from which year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment